Generations Healthcare Network has an immediate opening for a Director of Nursing (DON) for our Generations at Riverview facility in East Peoria, Illinois. The position available is Full-Time (Exempt) with an 8-hour shift. This opportunity requires a Registered Nurse (RN).
We are looking for someone with a diverse clinical skill set who provides uncompromising excellence in patient care and has a sincere desire to help others. If you are an experienced Registered Nurse (RN), this is your opportunity to take your career to an exciting new level. Apply today!
Responsibilities of the Director of Nursing (DON):
- Direct staff and collaborate with physicians and interdisciplinary team to provide physical and psychological support to not only the resident, but their family and friends
- Supervise scheduling of sufficient staff to ensure uninterrupted service to the residents at all times
- Obtain staff by recruiting, interviewing, verifying references and conducting criminal background checks
- Assist in completing audits of sample EMR charting monthly to ascertain proper nursing charting and documentation of care provided and directly confer with those employees who are not properly documenting, or delegates this responsibility
- Review admissions/referrals and assist in interviewing/selecting residents for admission with the Administrator’s approval
- Serve as chairperson of the Quality Assurance Committee and any other committees as required by existing regulations or as appointed by the Administrator
- Prepare clinical nursing reports for the quarterly Quality Assurance meetings
- Prepare Performance Improvement reports for the Quality Improvement and Performance Improvement meetings as required by JCAHO guidelines
- Supervise the MDS/Care Plan Coordinator to ensure that all MDS forms are completed accurately and in a timely manner
- Prepare monthly Medicare (if applicable) information summaries and submit to the business office to allow proper billing for Medicare recipients, as well as assist the office with additional documentation for re-submission to Medicare
Requirements of the Director of Nursing (DON):
- Registered Nurse (RN), license in the State of Illinois
- Minimum of one year of clinical experience
- Clinical and supervisory experience required
- Leadership qualities that motivate and direct the nursing staff
- Good administrative, managerial, organizational, planning and interpersonal skills
- Be personable with residents, families and staff in a professional and cooperative manner
Generations Healthcare Network is a highly respected, growing senior healthcare organization with locations throughout Northern and Central Illinois and Indiana. Our reputation in the industry is unmatched. We offer a variety of senior living and specialty-care services. Come see for yourself why it’s so fulfilling to be a part of Generations Healthcare Network. Submit your resume today!
Generations Healthcare Network is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.